DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT - ‘PRIVACY NOTICE’
In accordance with Data Protection legislation, including General Data Protect Regulations (GDPR),
we are advising you that any personal and/or sensitive data requested from you will be stored securely
and will only be used in order to manage the contract of business, including insurance requirements, we are
arranging for you where we have a legal obligation in handling your data. We may also have a legitimate
interest in handling your data when dealing with third parties, such as your insurers. This information will
only be made available to third parties, such as insurers or their claims handling agents, in order to further
manage and service your insurance policy.
We will retain your information for a period of time which is necessary to ensure no further liability, such as
any insurance claims, exists. This period will normally be 7 years from expiry of the policy but may be extended
for certain types of business.
For certain types of business we may require sensitive information from you in order to arrange your insurance
requirements or service any claims, for example, medical records, which may involve passing such information to
insurers or their claims handling agents.
We will not transfer your data outside the EU. Your insurers and/or their third party agents may pass data outside
the EU and if so, we will seek their confirmation that this is adequately protected.
You have the right to:-
- See a copy of the personal information we hold about you, free of charge
- Ask us to delete any of your personal data where there is no legitimate reason for continuing to hold it.
- To have any inaccurate or misleading data corrected or deleted
- Restrict the processing of your data
- Ask us to provide you with a copy of your data
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office if you are unhappy with the manner in which we store or handle your data.
If at any time you wish to know what information we hold on you, or have any queries relating to the above,
please contact our director responsible for Data Protection issues at:-
Telephone: 020 7977 5700
Or write to:
Apex Insurance Services Ltd
St Clare House
London EC3N 1PE